If the tank or car battery is only a quarter full, then you need to refuel or charge. You don't have to pay separately for refuelling or charging. This is included in the mileage rate. Always make sure you do not return a car with a tank less than a quarter full.
Fuel and charging costs
The mileage rate includes the cost of refuelling and charging electric cars. So refuelling won't cost you a cent. Every car comes with a fuel pass or a charging pass. You can use it to pay when you refuel.
How to fuel a Greenwheels car
Greenwheels cars are petrol-powered. The Caddy van is the only diesel-powered car. Always check the mileage on the odometer before refuelling. You have to enter the mileage when paying.
- Turn off the engine and grab the fuel pass from the trip computer in the glove compartment.
- The pin code will appear on the display. You can also find the pin code under 'Refuelling' in the app menu when you have an ongoing booking.
- Use the key to open the fuel tank cap. The refuelling instructions can be found on the cap.
- You will need the pin code and the mileage to pay. Return the fuel pass to the trip computer after paying.
Fine if you don't refuel of charge the car
Remember to check that the tank is at least a quarter full when you return the car. If you drop off the car with an empty tank, we will charge you €25.
Charging electric shared cars
Follow these steps for charging an electric car:
- Find the charging card in the trip computer (or use the key fob that is connected to the car key);
- Take the charching cable out of the boot;
- Open the charging port on the side of the car and insert the connector;
- Connect the other end of the charging cable to the charging station;
- Follow the instructions on the charging station to activate charging with your charging card;
- Check whether the car is charging. The charging station will change colour, as indicated on the charging station. Immediately after activation, a screen will be displayed on the car's dashboard indicating the charging time and displaying a green connector.
Frequently asked questions about refuelling
When the tank is less than a quarter full, it is time to refuel. If you don't do this, you risk a fine. To refuel you need the PIN code of the fuel card and the mileage of the car. You must enter it at the checkout. You can also find these in the app.
1. Before refueling, always record the number of kilometers on the odometer. You must enter this number at the checkout.
2. When you have switched off the engine, remove the debit card from the on-board computer.
3. The PIN code will then appear on the display.
4. Open the fuel cap with the ignition key. You will find refueling instructions on the back of the fuel cap.
5. After paying for the fuel card, put it back in the on-board computer.
You can read more about refuelling here.